[Okular-devel] Multimedia annotations / actions - Dt. 24th August 2013

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 14:48:31 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 3:01 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Dissabte, 24 d'agost de 2013, a les 00:27:34, Jaydeep Solanki va
> escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I still have two more exams left, on Monday & Tuesday, but I can work on
> > weekend.
> >
> > In the effort to make ePubs view video and play audio, I previously tried
> > Movie annotations, unfortunately it didn't work.
> >
> > So, I thought may be MovieAction or SoundAction will work, but I was
> wrong
> >
> > :(
> >
> > I have attached a simple patch, which shows how I'm using Actions.
> > I understand that using Actions won't show anything except text in place
> of
> > video/audio but at least if it works it should play sound.
> >
> > *If some one finds I'm not using Movie/Sound Actions properly or I'm
> > missing something please do respond. Also people who are involved in
> > annotations like Audio/Video, I would like to have a little chat, to get
> > some info about annotations.*
> >
> > According to me the only way we can show a video widget over a
> > QTextDocument is annotations, we can overlay a video widget over the
> > position there is an embedded video. Same is the case for audio.
>
> Yeah and that's what ui/videowidget.cpp does, no?

Yes,  that is done in pageview.cpp,
here<https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/okular/repository/revisions/master/entry/ui/pageview.cpp#L912>.
Every file which contains movie annotation, a videowidget is created for it.
Seeing this I added a movie annotation; pageview.cpp does its work by
creating a videowidget, but it doesn't show up.

Can you please name some people who work on annotations?  It will speed
things up.