[Okular-devel] Multimedia annotations / actions - Dt. 24th August 2013

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:57:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

I still have two more exams left, on Monday & Tuesday, but I can work on
weekend.

In the effort to make ePubs view video and play audio, I previously tried
Movie annotations, unfortunately it didn't work.

So, I thought may be MovieAction or SoundAction will work, but I was wrong
:(
I have attached a simple patch, which shows how I'm using Actions.
I understand that using Actions won't show anything except text in place of
video/audio but at least if it works it should play sound.

*If some one finds I'm not using Movie/Sound Actions properly or I'm
missing something please do respond. Also people who are involved in
annotations like Audio/Video, I would like to have a little chat, to get
some info about annotations.*

According to me the only way we can show a video widget over a
QTextDocument is annotations, we can overlay a video widget over the
position there is an embedded video. Same is the case for audio.

Cheers,
Jaydeep