[Okular-devel] Dt. 9th August - status

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 19:49:14 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have tested yesterday's patch (without lock) with about 15 different
epubs, and it crashed only once. I tried the same epub that made it crash
once a few more times, but it didn't crash. Thus, crash doesn't depend on
the epub.

I observed a few things, it crashes only when I'm scrolling the pages at
super fast speed (like pressing PgDn or right arrow key), this tells that
generating pixmaps fast makes it break, so I set the performance to Greedy,
which makes Okular generate all the pixmaps as soon as possible, but it
never crashes there!

The error that it gave me when crash occurred was "memory corrupted", so I
tried valgrind, but it didn't detect any invalid memory.

May be whenever you get time give it a try. Let's see if it crashes with
you.

Cheers,
Jaydeep