[Okular-devel] Dt. 6th August - status

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 15:22:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have implemented a simple Qt Visibility support, which hides text, it's
doesn't hide the exact area of the text, because the way QTextDocument is
developed it is impossible to implement an approach that hides only a part
of line. Either we can hide a line or not hide it.
And implementing an approach in which incrementing the cursor and not
inserting the text was my idea, but it seems they are using the text so
much that, I'm not able to get a way to exclude the text and implement
visibility.

Regarding the threaded QTextDocument, I tried the approach you said, and it
seems that it is also blocking UI, even more then single threaded. Suppose
I'm on a page and the next page is loading in other thread, the UI thread
will have to wait till the other thread finishes it's job (because of
locking), which takes a bit more time than usual because it is generated
from a cloned QTextDocument.

Regarding the clone method overriding in EpubDocument, I'm using a dynamic
property, to store the name of the generator, and using it I decide which
method to call EpubDocument::myClone() or QTextDocument::clone() in
TextDocumentGenerator.

One more thing I noticed about Okular is it doesn't free up memory, after
the document is closed, it frees after Okular quits, so my question is does
it use the memory (cached pixmaps) when I load the same document again ?

Cheers,
Jaydeep