[Okular-devel] OCR Tool for Okular

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Apr 3 22:52:19 UTC 2013

El Dimecres, 3 d'abril de 2013, a les 21:12:30, Anıl Özbek va escriure:
> 2013/4/3 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> > Why should this be a part of Okular and not a separate binary? I can
> > imagine millions of other places i'd like to have OCR on. What's the
> > benefit of it being Okular-only?
>
> I need small-scale OCR only at three type software:
>
> * Web Browser (Chrome)
> * Image Viewer (Gwenview)
> * Document Viewer (Okular)

So are you planning to implement the same feature three times seems a bit
boring and a hell maintainance wise?

Sincerely I think a standalone application/library is much better. Once that
standalone application/library exists we might even add a toolbar entry or
something in okular if we detect it is installed to ease the use to the end
user.