[Okular-devel] Regarding css in epubs

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 18:38:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Azat Khuzhin <dohardgopro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Respectfully
> Azat Khuzhin.
> From phone.
>
> On Apr 1, 2013 12:22 PM, "Jaydeep Solanki" <jaydp17 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I remember Albert, telling me about css being ignored in epub documents,
> so I had a look into it.
> > I'm not sure if we are adding the stylesheet from external css files to
> TextDocument. I tried to add it and it seems to work, it has some
> limitations, but I'm working on it.
> >
> > Here is something that I tried.
> >
> > Please have a look at it.
>
> Thanks!
> I also started implementing this a few weeks ago, but I have a lot of
> work, and I can't grab time for this.
> I look through you code, and I have a few questions:
> Is it really working?

As far as I have noticed, css applied to the body, is not working.
As css is applied to newly inserted html only, I guess TextDocument already
has html & body tags previously inserted, so it just ignores it, thus the
css fails to apply.
This can be overcome by using setHtml("..."); in TextDocument, but
according to me it wouldn't be appropriate to set html on every iteration.

Cheers,
Jaydeep Solanki