[Okular-devel] merging the mart/okularActive branch into master

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Sep 30 16:44:25 UTC 2012

El Dissabte, 29 de setembre de 2012, a les 18:52:40, Marco Martin va escriure:
> On Saturday 29 September 2012, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Divendres, 28 de setembre de 2012, a les 22:04:32, Aaron J. Seigo va
> >
> > escriure:
> > > Hi...
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > > I would like to merge the mart/okularActive branch into okular master so
> > > that we can more easily take advantage of improvements in the master
> > > branch as well as make the touch based application more readily
> > > accessible to people.
> >
> > I thought that it was agreed back when Marco announced the code that this
> > would end up in a different repo.
> >
> > Any reason why you no longer agree with that?
>
> I don't have very strong opinions on this,
> however, how this is done should be a policy global to kde, since many more
> applications will incur in this situation, so where possible it should be
> consistent.
>
> in defense of the same repo argument, having a single repo for all mobile
> versions of applications doesn't scale

Of course i am not saying all mobile apps have to go to a single repo.

> (for many application won't be even
> possible) having separate repos one for each mobile application becomes
> pretty quickly a mess.

Why? we have separete repos for almost all our apps nowadays. And from what i
can tell "Okular Active" as you call it is just a that, a new app using the
okularcore library.