[Okular-devel] Another issue with tiled rendering

Mailson Lira mailson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:56:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Mailson, another issue i found with tiled rendering branch.
>
> In this branch you raised the max zoom level from 400% to 1600% this is all
> fine for the PDF backend that does support tiles, but all the others do not
> and will easily end up hitting the barrier in which we consider the pixmap to
> be too big and don't draw it.

True. I forgot about the other generators ;-)

> It'd be necessary if we bubble up that information to the ui layer and show
> one of the information bubbles saying "Too much zoom, please reduce"
>
> OTOH maybe it'd be even cooler if the max zoom was calculated with that
> barrier in which we consider the pixmap to be too big and don't draw it and
> thus the user could never reach that situation (or maybe not because a
> variable zoom limit is weird)

The second option seems better but I would have to change the way the
PageView deals with zoom limits and zoom intervals and currently I
don't have a good solution for that.

> What do you guys think?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

---

Fabio,

The problem with annotations not showing right after they are created
is on DocumentPrivate::refreshPixmaps().
I need to create a tiled request and set the appropriate normalized
rect on that. I'll finish this today.