[Okular-devel] New feature requests

Ken Dyall ken.dyall at schrodinger.com
Mon Oct 15 22:27:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just checked out Okular on CentOS 6. Nice interface! We're planning
to make it the default PDF reader for our documentation where it's
available. It's a great improvement over KPDF. One feature that's
important to us is that clicking on a link to a place inside another
document opens the other document at the correct location (unlike KPDF
and Evince, which just open the other document at the beginning). I've
been checking out other PDF readers recently as alternatives to Adobe
Reader, which is broken on Linux (and unlikely to be fixed). Okular is
the best that I've found so far, but it's missing some features that
we use. The main ones are the Open Parameters for PDF (as described in
an Adobe document): nameddest, page, zoom, view, pagemode, etc. If
these could be implemented as part of the URL that is opened by
okular, that would be great! And making use of any embedded settings
would be good too.

Thanks,
Ken.

--
Kenneth G. Dyall, Senior Technical Writer
Schrodinger, Inc. Portland, OR