[Okular-devel] merging the mart/okularActive branch into master

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 18:07:51 UTC 2012

El Divendres, 28 de setembre de 2012, a les 22:04:32, Aaron J. Seigo va
escriure:
> Hi...
>
> I would like to merge the mart/okularActive branch into okular master so
> that we can more easily take advantage of improvements in the master branch
> as well as make the touch based application more readily accessible to
> people.
>
> right now in the branch, all the added code is in a subdirectory called
> "active". this may not be optimal, as there is already a directory called
> "ui", which is obviously for the desktop client. it may make sense to having
> something like ui/desktop and ui/touch directories, but then there is also
> the shell/ directory which contains the desktop application which uses the
> contents of ui/. so i'm not sure what the most "natural" arrangement would
> be in the eyes of the okular team.
>
> the code in the active/ subdirectory produces two things:
>
> 1) a QML component for okular
> 2) a full touch based application in the style of Plasma Active, assuming
> that the necessary dependencies are installed.

I think the active/ folder makes sense (unless the QML components are not
active dependant)

> i think it may also make sense to add a switch to the top level cmake, off
> by default assuming most people are still building for the desktop, which
> enables the build of the application in point 2 above. i think there is
> value in always building the QML component, however, as that lets
> applications even on the desktop which may use QML for these purposes
> easily access okular for document rendering.

I don't see why the active version should not be build by default, i'd build
it if all the needed dependencies are there, let the builder decide if he
wants to meet them or not.