[Okular-devel] Widget annotations should not behave like regular annotations

Fabio D'Urso fabiodurso at hotmail.it
Sun Dec 2 22:54:15 UTC 2012

Starting from commit 770e2818bb149211330ddbc35877c20624a71862, all form fields
are seen as widget annotations. While it makes sense from a PDF point of view,
I don't think it makes sense from the user's point of view.

To see what I mean open any PDF form with poppler >= 0.21
(e.g. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf) and right click or double click
on a form field.

In my opinion, we should not show the annotation context menu in this case,
and obviously not even the popup window.

These annotations are also shown in the side review panel, but they shouldn't.

Tobias, can you have a look at it? Maybe we can just add some ifs to check
annotations' type and ignore the widget ones in the contexts I mentioned?

Thank you,
Fabio