[Okular-devel] Need help adding an action to Menubar - New to KDE libs

Brian K bri.kor.21 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 22:28:03 UTC 2012

Hi,
If i understand correctly, you're trying to access the actions in the
menubar from outside the classes that own them? Depending on which
actions you're interested in exactly you have a few different ways to do
it. If you got lucky the action you want already has a way to access
it's state, though I can't think of any that do. If not i can think of 3
ways you could do it, depending on what you're trying to do.
KXmlGuiWindow already supports changing the state on the menus, so if
all you need is something like:
     if quit is enabled
         enable some other actions
     if quit is disabled
         disable those actions
then that would probably be the way to go. If you need something more
complicated your remaining options would be either accessing the Okular
instance via dbus, or adding methods to the action creating classes to
give you the visibility you need.

Brian