[Okular-devel] Better separation of okular core library from the frontend

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Sun Apr 29 13:33:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

other than what Albert wrote, also:

Alle sabato 28 aprile 2012, Bogdan Cristea ha scritto:
> Same problem for the observers: I need to add a custom observer in
> order to check if the page has a pixmap
>
> if(false == page->hasPixmap(MY_OBSERVER_ID, -1, -1))
>
> and to make pixmap requests
>
> PixmapRequest *pr = new PixmapRequest(MY_OBSERVER_ID, page->number(),
> page->width(), page->height(), 0, false);

This has always been the case: Document does not asks for pixmaps on its
own, but it does on behalf of PixmapRequest's sent by the observers.
When a pixmap for a page is available, Document notifies the observers
about that and they will act accordingly.
Please also note that this part (observers) is not totally "public API",
especially (as already said) the public okularcore API is currently
taylored for generator plugins, not really for users of Document.

> Again, when using only the okular core library this seems pointless.

Given that this is the pixmap generation workflow, it is not pointless
at all.

--
Pino Toscano