[Okular-devel] feedback

Vasil Alaksandravich Yakauleu vasilbelarus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:13:33 UTC 2012

I wrote in the KDE`s oficial forum (Brainstorm) my opinion about new features
to be adde to okular printing dialog. But, there is no answer, so I put it
here:

Okular is the best reader in the world for a big variety of files. It have many
functionalities and beautifull GUI.

But, there is one problem point - printing:

1) There is no possibility to prin, for example, 5th and 17th and 24th and
35th pages together in one side of paper, because of unavailability an entry
field (where user can put the numbers of pages he want to print) in the
printing dialog.
--------------------------
|           |             |
|           |             |
|  5th     | 17th     |
|           |             |
|           |             |
--------------------------
|           |             |
|           |             |
|  24th   |     35th  |
|           |             |
|           |             |
There are only "All pages", "Pages from ... to ...", "Current page", so an
entry field should be added for more comfortable printing.

2) There is no option to scale file pages to fit printing area (as there is in
gwenview - "image printing preferences"). It is wery important to have ability
to "fit image to page" and "enlarge smaller images"

Here is the link: http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php#idea101318_page1

I am not wery good in English, but hope - you will understand me clear.

Best regards!
Vasil Alaksandravich Yakauleu