[Okular-devel] Error when running Okular from the console

Eric West esw9999 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 03:56:52 UTC 2012

Ah, I did not realize those were simply debugging messages for the
developers. Thanks for that information, and for the instructions on
turning them off. By unselecting everything in the kdebugdialog, I was able
to get rid of all the messages except this one:

 okular(4006)/kdeui (kdelibs) KXMLGUIClient::~KXMLGUIClient: 0xa06eccc
deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak
standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.

This, of course, being the part of the message which initially disturbed me
the most. Is there any way to turn this one off as well, and/or does that
mean its an actual error and should I be concerned? I will try suggesting
to the distro that they turn off afore-mentioned debugging statements by
default, as I agree, that seems like it should be something enabled on an
as needed basis.
Thanks again..
Eric