[Okular-devel] Error when running okular from console

Eric West esw9999 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 23:14:57 UTC 2012

I've been using okular for a while now, on Ubuntu 11.10 Unity. I'd always
opened it by going through the dash and clicking on the icon, or selecting
a pdf file and choosing to open it with Okular. Recently, though, I've
begun using the terminal more, however, if I open Okular from the terminal,
using either :

$ okular

or

$ okular &

it opens and seems to function fine, but when I close it, the rather scary
sounding warning shows up in my terminal:

 okular(13127)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
okular(13127)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
okular(13127)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
okular(13127)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
okular(13127)/kdeui (kdelibs) KXMLGUIClient::~KXMLGUIClient: 0x9b90374
deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak
standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.

A good hour of googling shows plenty of other reports of similar
situations, but no answers. I've only been using Linux and associated
programs for a couple months now, so I'm still pretty new to proper
protocol for this kind of thing. If I've asked/reported this in the wrong
place, I apologize in advance.
Thanks