[Okular-devel] Okular PDF Froms going mad

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 15:33:01 UTC 2011

A Divendres, 16 de setembre de 2011, Igor Mitrenko vàreu escriure:
> Hello.

Hi

> Firstly, Okular is the best or one of the best PDF reader (although I've
> tried many different, including propietary), so I'd like to thank
> development team for that. Good job.

Thanks :-)

> But there is a problem, or may be even several problems with PDF forms.
> Despite of forms works in general, they are able to be turned on and off,
> edited and so on, it's very sad that positioning and redrawing of forms work
> in very strange manner:
> Them could be placed above or beneath actual (visible) position, even from
> 1) forms _are_ switched off, but still displayed (although they were removed
> once screenshot program window popped up):
> http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7974/1before.png
> 2) forms switched on, but misplaced:
> http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9315/2before.png
> 3) forms are hidden again, but sitll not removed (in fact those are form
> from _previous_ page drawn on the current page):
> http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/54/2after.png
>
> Finally, it seems a bit strange that font used in forms differs from final
> document (in my case it has rather different font face and size). It seems
> possible to catch font from document and use it in appropriate forms.
>
> So I'd be happy if you fix it or even guide me how I can fix it by myself. I
> am a python developer with not so strong c/c++ background, but I think I
> could get it. But I need some basic instructions, like what and where is
> better to search in source files.

Unfortunately fixing this stuff is not trivial at all. Moreover you are
noticing various different effects here.

Forms misplacing and misrendering are possibly somewhere in
okular/ui/pageview.* or okular/ui/formwidgets.*

About the font thing, I am not sure what you want, do you want that while you
edit the form contents the same font is used that for when is rendered without
the input widget?