[Okular-devel] Compiling code, but no changes in compiled program

Aurelijus aurelijuss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:22:49 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am trying to add new functionality: when saving selected image from
pdf, save information about page and location from which image was selected.

Cloned source from git, with cmake created build-tree, made some test
changes in ui/pageview.cpp, compiled (make), program launches but no
changes seems to take effect.

I have 0.12.2 version installed as stable okular version, and from git
compiled 0.13.80.

Changes in shell/shell.cpp (added qDebug statement) worked.
Text editor works fine also.
Rebuilding (with make) or preparing configurations with cmake again in
empty directory not solve the problem.
ldd function of okular executable links to normal build (I mean not to
my stable version).

Any ideas, what I am doing wrong? Or what I should try?

OS: Ubuntu 11.04 (natty)
CMAKE: 2.8.3
GIT COMMIT: 9ed86abb6ca60eee86ec7aac254211e093b55832
GCC: (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-8ubuntu4) 4.5.2