[Okular-devel] Okular and KActivities

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 09:51:29 UTC 2011

A.S. Please keep me in the replies, since I'm not on this list.

Hi all,

For activities to work properly* (both Plasma Active and Desktop), we
need applications to tell us which documents they open.

I'm planning to patch Okular first (first of non-active apps) to
support sending these events (essentially open and close events).

I've been browsing the code, and the place where it seems the most
logical to put it is the Document class since it knows the basic info
about the document, and it knows which widget is the parent of the
document.

Naturally, it would be in ifdef HAS_KACTIVITIES blocks - so an
optional compile-time dependency. And even if compiled with
libkactivities, it still remains an optional runtime dependency.
(libkactivities is a thin library - interface to the activity manager
daemon)

Thoughts?

* automatic scoring, resource relation, share-like-connect concept etc.

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard