[Okular-devel] Which class is responsible for placing 'Document' pages onscreen?

Stephen Anthony sa666666 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 17:36:26 UTC 2011

On November 16, 2011 7:46:08 AM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimarts, 15 de novembre de 2011, Stephen Anthony vàreu escriure:
> > I've been looking over the codebase for the past few hours, but I
> > can't seem to find which class is responsible for this.  A little
> > explanation first:
> >
> > I'm trying to implement the oft-requested feature of no spacing
> > between facing pages, to more accurately emulate the behaviour of
> > reading a book or magazine.
>
> Cool :-)

OK, I've attached a patch which implements this functionality (against
current git revision).  A few notes:

1)  When in facing pages mode, the pages are positioned such that they
touch the virtual 'center dividing line' of the viewable area.

2)  This new behaviour is always active when in the appropriate mode.  I
don't really think it should be made configurable as a setting, but if so,
more work will have to be done to integrate the setting into the UI.

2)  I would suggest changing the view mode "Facing Pages (Centre First
Page)" to be called "Book Mode" or something similar.  I didn't do this,
since it probably entails editing the manual, snapshots of the UI, etc.
It would make much clearer the intent of the mode.

3)  Perhaps in "Centre First Page" mode, the last page could also be
centered *if* the end of the document contains only a single page in the
view.  Currently, this last page will appear to the left.  This isn't
strictly necessary, but it might look a bit nicer.

Anyway, I hope this patch can be applied.

Thanks,
Steve A.