[Okular-devel] Okular with Goldendict Ubuntu 11.10

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Nov 16 18:17:24 UTC 2011

A Dimecres, 16 de novembre de 2011, babusce vàreu escriure:
> Hi, my name is Sonia (Italy).

Hi

> I like very much Okular and I would like to use for read PDF books and
> documents in english format.
> Sometime, I must translate a word, then I would like to use Goldendict.
> In my installation I have the two software(Okular-Goldendict)  but when
> I do "double cick" on Okular-PDF word, Goldendict doesn't work.
> Must I use another compatible-software with Okular or plugin?

Double click does nothin in okular, so why should it do anything?

I have no idea of how goldendict works or how do you use it, since i just
learned it exist when you mentioned it. but if i do this:
 * Start goldendict
 * Enable the "scan popup" option in goldendict
 * Open a document in okular
 * Select the text selection tool (Ctrl+4)
 * Select a word
I get a popup of goldendict showing the meaning of that word.

So, where is the problem?