[Okular-devel] Which class is responsible for placing 'Document' pages onscreen?

Stephen Anthony sa666666 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:43:44 UTC 2011

OK, thanks for the info;  I'll look into it again.  I've been using grep
and ack, and debugging statements with qDebug() and kDebug().  Also,
I've actually gone so far as putting exit(0) calls in certain
constructors to make it exit, but it doesn't, leading me to think that
the code is never actually called.

> Have you tried using grep?
> part.cpp:1151: ok = m_document->openDocument( fileNameToOpen, url(), mime );

Of course, this is one of the first calls that I found.  But when I
place debug statement/exit() in the surrounding Part::openFile() method,
it didn't seem to be called.

Something just occurred to me though.  Do you have to do a full 'make
install' for Okular to 'see' changes made to this class?  Because right
now I'm just launching it from the commandline with okular.shell.  It
*really* seems that the changes I'm making aren't being executed.  But
the classes I'm modifying must be accessed somewhere, otherwise I can't
see how the program works.  Which is exactly why I asked this question
in the first place :)

Thanks,
Steve A.