[Okular-devel] How can I suppress warnings sent by okular to konsole?

Aicko Yves Schumann ay.schumann at ucalgary.ca
Sat Mar 19 03:47:09 CET 2011

Hello,

I very much appreciate your work on okular! There were great achievements in
the past. However, I have a problem with okular's error messages/warnings
sent to konsole for many months, now.

How can I avoid okular to communicate warnings? Settings in kdebugdialog are
consequently ignored by okular.

In particular I'm bothered by the following warning

okular(PROCESS_ID)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "" with
KXMLGUIFactory!

I know I can in principle redirect the output to /dev/null but this is not a
solution for me since I do not want to redirect all output. This is of
particular interest when using vim, compiling latex documents, and trying
forward/inverse search. The issue is always reproducible and renders okular
practically useless for latex/dvi editing. I'm sure there are many people
suffering from the same problem. In the past I went back to kdvi from KDE 3.5
but in a KDE 4.6 version with 4.7 on the way, this cannot be a solution
anymore, could it?

If there is a solution that I just can't find, I would be happy to learn about
it.

Many thanks,
Aicko