[Okular-devel] Re: page navigation issues in Facing Pages view mode

Christopher Reichert creichert07 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:06:56 CEST 2011

>> the original bug report's account was not dissimilar to mine, where the
>
>> user remapped certain keys to what seemed like the logical actions ---

>> he expected in Facing Pages mode. i don't recall any other similar
>
>> actions listed in the shortcut dialog.
>
> As said at the moment we do not let you change the behaviour of PageUp/Down
> keys to another keys.
>
> We can discuss if we should tie them to the NextPage/PrevPage actions. I
> really do not have an opinion on that, so i would welcome people reading
> this list voicing their opinions.

Doesn't "Forward in Document" and "Back in Document" have this
behavior in facing pages mode?? I configured mine toshortcuts and it
works perfectly for me ( same behavior as Page up and Page Down, as
well as up and down arrows).

IMHO, we should not remap NextPage and PrevPage to have the ability to
move the viewport up and down to the next set of pages. This action
would do just as bad of a job at describing what is actually
happening. Forward in Document/Back in Document is much better at
explaining this behavior.

-Christopher