[Okular-devel] Re: page navigation issues in Facing Pages view mode

NJuk Njuk njuk.njuk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 05:20:36 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> **
>
> A Tuesday, June 28, 2011, NJuk Njuk va escriure:
>
> > when navigating pages --- Next Page , Previous Page --- in Facing Pages
>
> > view mode, one has to click the appropriate button (or shortcut key)
> twice
>
> > in order to go to the next (or previous) screen of "facing pages". as an
>
> > example, if i am viewing pages 1 and 2 simultaneously, then i need to
>
> > specify Next Page twice to get to the view of pages 3 and 4 of my
>
> > document. if i'm trying to quickly step through, say, a long chapter,
> this
>
> > duplication of mouse clicks or shortcut keys gets cumbersome. similar
>
> > viewers, such as acrobat and evince, navigate to the next screen (pages 3
>
> > and 4 in my example above) when Next Page is specified in Facing Pages
>
> > view mode.
>

> Use the next page key on your keyboard and it works. The "Next Page" action
> does not behave like that, it literally brings you to the next page (you can
> see how the number in the bottom page field increases), you can argue that's
> not really useful, i do not really care one way or another.
>

> Albert

thanks, albert, for pointing out the PageUp / PageDown usage.

when i recently started using okular , my default configuration did not seem
to have keyboard shortcuts for moving forward/backward through pages.  i
tried the typical arrow keys shortcuts, and when they didn't do anything, i
went into Settings->Configure Shortcuts....  from there, i saw the Next
Page, Previous Page shortcuts, so i mapped them to the arrow keys.

when i look at the shortcut dialog, i see no mapping for the PageUp /
PageDown "shortcuts".  what are the associated "actions" which PageUp /
PageDown are mapped to?