[Okular-devel] [proposal] Inline note re-design
raffamaiden at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 23:14:23 CET 2011
I think we should re-design the inline note tool. Here are my proposals:
1) The annotation is not resized when the text is modified. This result in
text get cut off from the annotation.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create an inline annotation
2) Write "aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbccccccccdddddddddddddd" in only one line
3) Press ok
4) Right click on it, open "Pop-up note", go to the last 'd' and add
5) The newly added string is not visible
This also happen if you change the font to a bigger or smaller one. This
events should force the annotation to be resized automatically.
2) The size of the note should be saved both to okular internal xmls and to
the xmls in the .okular file format
3) The user has no way to resize it manually. The user should be able to
click on a corner and move the mouse to resize the note. The note is filled
with empty space if the new size is bigger. If the new size is smaller, the
text get cut off, but it will come back if the note is resized another time
and gets bigger (or back to its original size)
4) It should be possible to edit the note without another window popping up.
The note should be edited inline, without another window appearing. So the
note should be itself like a text box. The mode to edit it should remain the
same thought (right-click->open pop-up note) being both buttons of the mouse
already taken (we don't want that the user wants to scroll a page and
instead gets the note edited). But a new faster-mode should be added, like
clicking on the annotation and press a key at the same time (the E key?).
The latter is formulated considering that to edit the annotation the user
need to reach the keyboard in any case.
I also think (1) and (2) are very urgent ones.
What do you think? Do you like my proposals? Do you have other ideas?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Okular-devel