[Okular-devel] [patch] Revised revision toolbar

Raffaele Mancuso raffamaiden at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:07:25 CET 2011

Hi guys,

Actually in okular when you want to add a revision (highlight, annotation
exc..), you have to click in the appropriate button of the revision toolbar
and then click on the document in the point in wich you want the revision to
be located. But then the button in the revision toolbar is de-selected and
the revision tool detached from the mouse, so if you want to add another
revision of the same type you have to re-click on the button in the toolbar.

I have made a patch that will allow you to double click on the button in the
toolbar. In this case, it will allow you to add revisions of the same type
without need to re-click on the toolbar button between two revisions. The
revision is not detached from the mouse after you  add the first.
It is especially useful for the highlighter, when you need to highlight lots
of almost continuous text (like when you are studying a book) and do not
want to re-click on the button every time.
The "one click" mode is still the same.

I have implemented it this way: the button, when double clicked, send a
signal to the toolbar, wich send a signal to the PageViewAnnotator class,
wich set an internal variable to true to indicate that we are in "continue
mode" (can't get with a better name sorry :))

I have also implemented a feature which allow to detach the tool with a
right mouse button click.

I have added a //<raffamaiden> comment in the code to easily track my
modifications. You need to remove it if you decide to apply the patch of
course.

Thanks to the guy who helped me compile okular in the chat :) (don't
remember his nickname, i was raffairon)

Let me know what you thinks and if the patch will be applied or not. Critics
are very appreciated :)

Cheers,
Raffaele