[Okular-devel] Re: Efficient revision tools

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 29 00:17:08 CET 2011

A Divendres, 28 de gener de 2011, Raffaele Mancuso va escriure:
> That's not the kind of answer you should give to an end user who use your
> application and is giving you a suggestion.
> If i write to the okular developers list, I assume to talk with the people
> who develop/have developed okular. So I'm saying that when you develop
> okular and implement new features, you may also consider to implement this
> one. Or are you saying that no one can make a suggestion to you if he does
> not have the patch ready? If i had the "time and knowledge to code a
> solution", wouldn't I had come here with the solution?
> An "Unfortunately we can no more code new features to okular due to lack of
> time. If you want, you can help us and do it yourself because it's open
> source" would have been more than fine to me. I'm not requiring anyone to
> code anything for me, I'm only suggesting to the people who develop a
> software how to make that software even better. But your answer sounds more
> like "Hey, what do you want? I have already coded a lot, and for free! Why
> in the hell don't you do so too???". And that kind of a "do it yourself"
> answer to a suggestion is all but appropriate. And no, I have not the patch
> ready, nor for okular neither for your inappropriate answers.

This is "okular-devel" how can i know you are and end user and not a "devel"
as the name of the list implies?

My answer was not meant to be offensive in any way, i was just stating the
reality:
 * Lots of people have stated the situation is problematic and would like it
improved (us developers included)
 * Nobody has time to fix it (thus asking if you can fix it yourself)

All shouting and bad words and hate is in your imagination.

Albert