[Okular-devel] Re: Okular crashes in archlinux

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 8 17:08:03 CET 2011

A Dissabte, 8 de gener de 2011, Desislav Petrov va escriure:
> vil at iNsAnE DowNLoaDz]$ okular Arrival%20Guide%20proof%205%20FINAL.pdf
> okular(4178)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
> okular(4178)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
> okular(4178)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
> KCrash: Application 'okular' crashing...
> KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
> sock_file=/home/devil/.kde4/socket-iNsAnE/kdeinit4__0
> Error: XObject 'Im0' is unknown
> Error (4584): Illegal character ')'
> Error (4584): Missing 'endstream'
> Error (0): Call to Object where the object was type 5, not the expected
> type 8
> Unable to start Dr. Konqi
>
> Is this the backtrace that you're looking for?

No it is not. You did not read the page i linked at all, did you?

Anyway this indicates that either:
 a) It's not with all pdf, just with this one and this one makes poppler crash
 b) It's with all pdf and means you have a huge poppler version mismatch in
your system which was caused by you or someone else

If it is a) file a bug in https://bugs.freedesktop.org, if it is b) there's
nothing we can do for you, you'll have to fix your system yourself, probably
by making sure you don't have any extra copies of libpoppler lying around

Albert