[Okular-devel] No Overlap when scrolling with space bar

Davor Cubranic davor.cubranic at alumni.cs.ubc.ca
Mon Aug 29 14:28:38 UTC 2011

On August 27, 2011 10:02:08 AM Martin Ueding wrote:
> I often use the space bar to scroll in a long PDF. With Evince on Gnome, it
> scrolls only most of the page, but not all of it. That way, if a line was
> right on the edge of the screen, you can read it fully after scrolling.
>
> Okular 0.12.5 (KDE 4.6.5) scrolls exactly this one page, cutting off the
> line in the exact opposite way. This is not very comfortable for reading.

It looks to me like many KDE apps jump by a full screen -- try Kate on a long
text file, for example. rekonq does not, but it jumps by a fair bit less, so it
can be hard to find where I stopped my reading. Just to say that scrolling too
little can be bad, too.

In your case, though, I agree that if a line of text was shown only partially
at the bottom of one page, jumping to the next page should scroll so that this
entire line is shown at the top, not just the part that didn't fit on the

Davor