[Okular-devel] Re: Export as cleartext to clipholder

Daniel Skov Klejnstrup danielklejnstrup at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 21:49:52 CEST 2010

The functionality I'm looking for is like the following:

Exporting the whole document as cleartext.
File -> Export as -> Cleartext
This opens a dialog about where to save the file.
I now save the file, opens it, presses Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, closes and
deletes the file.
The content is now in the clipboard, like I want.

I tried your suggestion:

Open pdf
Ctrl+4, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C
But the paste doesn't look like the export at all. (almost one new
line for every word)

It would be really cool to be able to do it like:

File -> Export -> To clipboard (or even with a shortcut) - And end up
with the same paste as the normal export.

If it's easy to fix, I think other people will benefit from it as well.
For me, it's important that the cleartext-output from both saving the
file, and copying to clipboard will be exactly the same.

If you are able to send an invoice for services rendered, I may even
be able to make a small donation for the project.

2010/10/14 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> A Dijous, 14 d'octubre de 2010, Daniel Skov Klejnstrup va escriure:
>> What's it called in english? Clipboard?
>
> Maybe, but the thing is we already do that as i say.
>
> * Open pdf
> * Cltr+4 to select text tool
> * Select text with the text tool
> * Go to konsole and press middle mouse button
> * Text is copied
>
> If that is not what you want, you should be more specific, i didn't buy a mind
> reader yet.
>
> Albert
>
>> Den 14/10/2010 20.11 skrev "Albert Astals Cid" <aacid at kde.org>:

Med venlig hilsen