[Okular-devel] Re: MD5 document identification

Miguel Vazquez mikisvaz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 11:08:34 CEST 2010

  Well, that would mean saving the .okular file into a particular
directory on my filesystem and then open that version next time.
However, I maintain the pdf repository online and I'd like to be able to
open the pdf by clicking the links on the online version, which would
download a pdf new file into /tmp/ and would not be recognized by okular
as having annotations.

My fix  is to save each pdf into a particular directory first time I
open it, and annotations will get associated with the path of that
version. Next time I open it I will detect I have the same file in the
repository, by md5, and open that version instead (roughly). The problem
is that I need to save an extra version of the file in that directory. I
guess I could work around actually saving each file with a little work,
but it will all be simpler if okular would make the md5 check itself.

Anyway, its just a suggestion, it may very well not make sense to
include that functionality.

Thank you very much for developing this tool, I found it extremely useful.

Cheers.

Miguel