[Okular-devel] Searching for special characters and highlighting a single column on double column page

Shawn Young spacephys at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:53:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

    I first want to note that I really appreciate the work that you are
putting into okular, I think it is a wonderful product.  I have two
questions.

1.  I often use okular to read technical papers that have multiple special
characters in them, sometimes I want to do a search using these characters.
I have not yet been able to discover any way to do this, is it possible, if
so how?

2.  I also use the highlight features a great deal.  The papers that I read
are double columned.  When I do a search Okular seems to understand the
double columned nature of the papers as it will first move through the left
column and then the right column.  However, I have not bee able to discover
any way to get it to recognize the double columned nature of the paper when
I do highlighting.  If I try to highlight multiple lines in one column it
also highlights the same lines on the second column as if they were one
line.  Is there something I need to do to get the highlighting to work only
on a single column or is this functionality not yet available?

Thanks again for all your efforts,

Shawn

--
Shawn Young