[Okular-devel] Background in okular "shell" app

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Sun Jan 31 01:21:27 CET 2010

> Wasn't that a Qt bug, which just draws a solid background with no way of being
> done otherwise? If so, I'd expect the workaround to be in the style, not in
> every application (Okular included) which make use of that property
> ("autoFillBackground").

in other words, yes I will bug every single application that IMO
abuses/misuses calls to setAutofillBackground( true)

(see:  kdegraphics/okular/ui/sidebar.cpp, l432)

and will try fix (at the style level) cases where you get a solid
background without asking for it.
No offense meant :-)

Again, there are valid cases where sidebar autofillbackground should be
set to true, but not all.
In fact, the patch I suggested could be "inverted":

remove the call to setAutoFillBackground from sidebar.cpp (and fall back
to the default),
and in part.cpp, set it to true, in embedded mode.

Hugo