[Okular-devel] 2 Major features missing in okular.

Alan Hovgaard tiger at healthy.dk
Fri Dec 10 01:04:11 CET 2010

FIrst of all big thanks for Okular.
Wonderfull application.

But i had a short flirt with the PDF-reader on OSX called Skim.
And wow it had 2 major killer features I would love to see in Okuilar.

1) Preview of internal links...
If a pdf has an internal link to another section on another page in the
ebook, then on mouseover
skim presents a preview of the link location. A small image so I can
peak at the internal link without
navigating to it.... Super usefull  reading technical literature with
many cross references.

2) Link navigation includes back and forth buttons from followed
internal links. This also a super feature in skim.
I mean I see a link with a reference to another part of the book I click
it. I then want to go back!
In okular i have to rember to which page. But skim has handy back and
forward buttons especially for this in top of
normal page up and page down navigation....

I really hope to see these 2 features in Okular..
Best Regards
happytig3r