[Okular-devel] How to annotate a Document archive AKA .okular file

r.ductor at gmail.com r.ductor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:41:01 CET 2010

From the FAQ:
"Since KDE 4.2, Okular has the "document archiving" feature. This is an Okular-specific format for carrying the document plus various metadata related to it (currently only annotations).
You can save a "document archive" from the open document by choosing "File -> Export As -> Document Archive".
To open an Okular document archive, just open it with Okular as it would be eg a PDF document."

Questions:
-- is it possible to further annotate a .okular file and save it as an okular file with the same name? (I mean I annotate a pdf, I create a .okular and I send it to a friend which annotates it and in some way sends a .okular back to me)?
   I tried but the only way was to "save as", which asks for a new name (if I leave the same name I get an error).

-- if a friend sends me  a .okular file may I convert it back to a (pdf) file + its annotations in ~/.kde/share/apps/okular/docdata/ ?

All in all I'm positively oriented towards okular, but I feel like the data exchange tools should be worked out, (as well as the annotation tools nothing to do with PDF-XChange Viewer, alas). Anyway, thanks for your work, folks!

Ric