[Okular-devel] Quick suggestion for saving / sending annotations

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Oct 26 01:00:33 CET 2009

A Dilluns, 26 d'octubre de 2009, Mezzoman va escriure:
> I know the mailing list is the appropriate place, but this is such a
> short suggestion.   Since Okular can print to PDF, I'll bet it would
> be easy to save annotations to a second PDF that is simply a piped
> "print to PDF".   You could then email that printed PDF.  Noting that
> they are not editable, but the original is still editable since the
> annotated data is stored locally.  They could be billed as "non-
> destructive annotations" TM :-)

Not so easy. If you really want annotations stored into PDF it can be done
with *some* work (i'd say 1 or 2 months full time depending the knowledge you
have of okular/poppler), all the pieces are already there, you just need to
carefully put them togheter.

Albert