[Okular-devel] [Feature Request] Propose a "Save As" Filename from Document Title

Hugo Mildenberger Hugo.Mildenberger at namir.de
Mon Nov 30 12:16:02 CET 2009

When viewing scientifc papers with Okular, it would be very convenient to have
a local filename proposal ready when using the "Save as" dialog.

Currently, I'm forced to use the mouse to copy author and title to the
clipboard, then select "Save As", paste into the filename dialog, use again cut
and paste to sort the information into my scheme, insert publication year and
strip superflous characters like quotation marks, multiple blanks, parenthesis
and so on.

A solution certainly would be imply an heuristic algorithm, and certainly a
handful schemes how to compile a filename from the available information are
reasonable.

I don't want to go into further details, but since scientific publication
formats are pretty similar, one could use text attributes and regular
expressions to sort information from the first page into a best guess.

One could also make use of the document properties, and make the proposal user
configurable using placeholders for author(s), year, title, maybe journal name,
volume info and so on.