[Okular-devel] Okular auto center papers, any way to prevent this?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Nov 21 19:18:26 CET 2009

Hi,
I think that you are talking about two different things.

Mark Altern wrote:
> Sure, there is something like: < 5 of 34 > at the bottom of the page,
> and when you click >, it turn to next page, but every time you click it
> to turn to next page, it will auto-center the page.
This is what all the viewers I tested do: kdvi, evince, acroread, xdvi
(and okular, of course). When you change the page, the view changes to
the upper-left corner of the chosen page. This is a consistent
behaviour, I don't think it's worth to change that.
But...

> In most cases, the dvi file I am viewing is not-symmetric and it is
> zoomed in as large as possible to fit my screen, thus the pages are NOT
> centered. Then when I use emacs to forward jump from emacs to okular, it
> will jump to the proper line in proper page, BUT it will auto-center the
> page that makes the page land in the middle, which is of couse will
> messed up its original hozinontal position.
What is that "forward jump", exactly? Have you configured emacs to call
okular and jump to the specified line? Can you provide us this
configuration?
I don't think that this is the same "issue" you described before,
because as I told you, kdvi acts exactly like okular, in that case.

Regards,
--
Luigi