[Okular-devel] new feature

Qwerty Maniac qwertymaniac at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 21:04:13 CET 2009

Hi,

You can edit the file libokularGenerator_comicbook.desktop, to make
Okular's comic generators allow opening ZIP files directly since the
code already detects for ZIP/RAR MIMETypes.

(Sample location of the file:
/usr/share/kde4/services/libokularGenerator_comicbook.desktop)

Find and replace the following line, in the file:

Prev:
  MimeType=application/x-cbz;application/x-cbr;

New: (Replaced line)
  MimeType=application/x-cbz;application/x-cbr;application/zip;application/x-rar;

Then on, you can right click on your ZIP file and open it with Okular.
Or even add a second handler for ZIP/RAR files as Okular. Dragging &
dropping the file onto Okular would work too.

Cheers =)

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:57 AM, DAWIDOWICZ GHISLAIN <gdawido at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I would like using OKULAR to read my comicbook archive files, but all of
> them have a .zip or a .rar extension.
> Rewriting all my files would be painful and some are on CDs. Is it possible
> for me (or you) to modify Okular so that it recognises .zip or.rar extension
> as cbz or cbr files. If I have to modify my version of Okular, how to do it?
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ghislain Dawidowicz

Harsh J
www.harshj.com