[Okular-devel] idea

Mher Kazandjian mherkazandjian at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 17:26:35 CET 2009

Hello,

I recently started using okular for reading pdf and djvu files. I realized
that it has an annotation tool, which i found to be very useful. The current
annotations are only in plain text format.
Is it possible to modify okular, such that instead of adding a plain text
annotation, the annotation is done in latex. This would allow a user to add
complex annotation.
For example, if i want to add a note (Note[1], or an inline note), then i
would enter :

\documentclass{report}
\usepackage{amssymb,latexsym,amsmath,graphics}

\begin{document}

a^b_c

\end{document}

or just simply (as it is done in labeling figures with text in matlab)

---------------
a^b_c

without typing in headers and stuff.
When the user clicks on the note, then the annotation appears as a pdf (or
ps) in a small window. Or the annotation appears inline overlayed on the
text.
I think this is not so difficult, becuase you can use latex and dvipdf as a
backend to compile and produce the formatted text.

best regards,
Mher Kazandjian.