[Okular-devel] handle 'point and click' events (textedit-URIs)

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 22:41:45 CET 2009

Hi,

> I think most times the usual KDVI way of doing things would suffice. Okular
> just calls Frescobaldi. I could implement a mechanism in Frescobaldi itself
> that sorts out the correct instance (the one that embeds the Okular part.
> Kate does that too, by exporting it's own PID in the environment).

If you could tell me the command to run (including placeholders for row and
column), I could try to add it in the presets we ship for KDE 4.2 (Thus one
tweaking less needed!).

> I could also provide a "first-run" wizard with a button that writes the
> frescobaldi command in Okular's config, so that the user doesn't have to
> edit the Okular editor settings himself.

Ok; once I finalize the configuration for that (very soon), I'll make you know
about what and how to write in the configuration.

> Thanks again, it seems Frescobaldi will be running along in KDE 4.2. I
> could add the LilyPond icons and the katepart indenter script that are part
> of lilypond-kde4 to KDE, then lilypond-kde4 would not be necessary anymore
> in KDE 4.2

I saw your commits, great indeed :)

--
Pino Toscano