[Okular-devel] okular doesn't run in background

Jan Kaspar jan.kaspar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 13:49:52 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Pino Toscano <pino at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I've troubles to run okular in background. Here's what I did and
> > what happened
> >
> > ~/publications/2009/LaThuile> okular JanKaspar.dvi &
> > [4] 500
> > ~/publications/2009/LaThuile>
> > [4]+  Stopped                 okular JanKaspar.dvi
> >
> > The file is included in attachment. I'm running Okular 0.8, KDE 4.2.0
> under
> > ArchLinux.
>
> Never seen such behaviour.
>
> What about:
> a) trying to run okular without a document

No improvement.

b) trying woth other documents

I tried some 5 files and still the same.

c) trying changing your shell

This seems to be the key. I tried konsole, kosole+mc (midnight commander),
xterm and xterm+mc. It seems it is the mc which causes the problem as for
konsole and xterm alone it works. However, I have no idea why...

Thanks, Kašpi.