[Okular-devel] Hebrew in XPS files

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Feb 25 10:07:09 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 03:46:49 am Dudy Kohen wrote:
> I received an Email with an xps file in Hebrew.
> The problem is that the Hebrew is reversed in the display.
You mean, it is shown left to right, when it should be right to left, or
individual characters are reversed?

> Is this a known issue? Could it be a non-standard file format made by a
> specific program?
Its probably a bug / incomplete feature in the XPS generator. I have to admit
I've never tested it with a RTL text document.

Could you create a bug report on bugs.kde.org? That will ensure that this
doesn't get forgotten. It would also help if you could attach a file that
demonstrates the problem.

Brad