[Okular-devel] Moved Mobipocket plugins to kdereview

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Sat Feb 7 18:55:57 CET 2009

Hello,

> I just moved plugins for Mobipocket format support to kdereview/mobipocket.
> Mobipocket is e-book format quite widely used by online bookstores and
> supported by many hardware ebook readers. Similar formats are epub and fb2,
> already supported by Okular.

Nice!

> It cannot read files protected by DRM (it seems quite easy
> to break but I don't need any legal troubles).

Yes, better avoid this kind of problems, for now.

> One thing I am not sure about is how to split lib/ directory - there are
> only 2 small .cpp files here. Does it make sense to create and install
> shared library?

If all the stuff is in the same module, then a shared library can be build,
with no need to install public headers.
Most probably the right structure for that in kdegraphics could be:
- libs/libmobipocket (or qmobi, or I dont't know what else): the common lib
- strigi-analyzers/mobipocket: the strigi analyzer
- thumbnailers/mobipocket: the kio thumbnailer plugin

Aaron, what do you think about that?

Just a couple of notes:

1) in the about data of the Okular generator there were not correct names for
the backend and the catalog name, a typo in the description and copyright
still at 2008; I fixed those (easy).

2) the Mobipocket classes PDB and Document seem to miss destructor, and thus
leak the d-pointer (and the Decompressor*, in case of DocumentPrivate)

Generally it seems quite ok, green light from me for moving once the structure
for placing it in kdegraphics is agreed.

--
Pino Toscano