[Okular-devel] Problems displaying Japanese pdf files

homoludens homoludens1000 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 03:01:17 CET 2009

Dear all,

I've just installed KDE 4.2 (under openSUSE 11.1) and have been experimenting
with some of the new programs.

I'm having problems displaying Japanese language pdf files. With some, no text
is displayed at all, with others, some text is displayed while other parts are
not. Also, pictures included in the pdf files are shown incomplete or in an
unusually low resolution. All files are, however, displayed correctly in
KPDF/KDE3.

I checked the repositories, but there doesn't seem to be any CJK-related addon
for Okular in particular. Can someone give me some advice?

Cheers,

homoludens