[Okular-devel] Understanding the annotations API

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Dec 17 21:58:57 CET 2009

A Dijous 17 Desembre 2009 00:37:14, Fabio Andrés Correa Durán va escriure:
> 2009/12/16 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>
>
> > > Hi, thanks for your interest. The program does not intend to save the
> > > annotations but the numerical data from graphs. So the current plan is
> > > to erase the program-generated annotations on document close, trying
> > > our
> >
> > best
> >
> > > to keep the other annotations as they were.
> >
> > Hmmm, this seems a bit ugly to me, i mean add annotations just to draw
> > things
> > and then remove them because we don't really want annotations, just draw
> > something on top, maybe we can come up with a single API to add
> > "drawings" over a given page, would you interested in working on it?
>
> Well, I am interested, and drawings would constitute a fine addition to
> Okular. However, I sincerely doubt a drawing API would be different from
> annotations API. In fact, I have seen lines and points in Okular's
> annotations.h, so I am currently learning to use them in my program.

Yes, the thing is that annotations are by definition stored in the document,
drawings would be "the same thing" but volatile by definition.

You're going to need probably a dbus api for that or you want to use the
okular headers?

Albert