[Okular-devel] Nepomuk MetaData in Okular

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Dec 17 00:44:00 CET 2009

A Dijous 19 Novembre 2009 13:22:25, Dr. Oliver Heidbüchel va escriure:
> Hi!

Sorry again for the late reply

> > I've still have to try the patch.
>
> There is a new class in the directory "information". Please link
> kdebase/apps/dolphin/src/panels/information to
>  kdegraphics/okular/ui/information and use the attached new patch. Now
>  okular.diff includes my files, too. I hope, now it is easy and safe for
>  you, to test my patch.

Thanks for cleaning it up, unfortunately at the moment we are in feature
freeze for the KDE 4.4 release (sorry i didn't anwer either, been very busy
with real life lately), can you please put a reminder on your calendar for the
beginning of february when trunk will be probably reopen for new features and
we discuss about it again, ok?

> > > AFAIKS the standard file information (filename, size etc.) can be
> > > hidden in the view, so only the semantical information last.
>
> Yes.
>
> > That'd be okaish, does the patch follow the system wide setting of
> > enabling the semantic desktop (systemsettings -> advanced -> desktop
> > search -> enable semantic desktop) and if it's disabled is not shown?
>
> The information widget is always shown. In dolphin it is always shown, too.
>  If semantic desktop is disabled, the widget only shows standard file
>  information.

Ok, didn't know that i'm a bit behind in all that sematic-y stuff.

> I think the user should be able to decide wheter the information widget is
>  shown or not in okular ("General Options" of okular's configure dialog).
>  This isn't implemented yet. The system wide settings decide whether
>  semantic information is shown or not in the information widget.
> The user is able to fade out the information, he doen't want to see, by
>  right clicking on the information widget.
>
> Best regards,
> 	Oliver.
>
> P.S.: Is the line "#define MAX_OBSERVER_ID 12" in core/observer.h still
>  correct with my patch?

No, it is wrong, you need to update it to 13

Thanks again for working on Okular and sorry for the late response.