[Okular-devel] save selected pages?

Barna Daniel daniel.barna at cern.ch
Wed Dec 9 11:04:13 CET 2009

Hi,

To make a compilation of the email-exchanges, discussions, price
quotations, etc in our experiment, I put each email or attached document
into an openoffice text document. This way I keep everything at one place,
which is much simpler to quickly overview than to browse through several
emails.

At early times I just made a screen capture of the separate pages of the
PDF documents, and inserted them as pictures into openoffice.
However, with the Sun PDF Import extension, openoffice can import pdf
files as Draw documents, which has several advantages. But from
several-page documents it only inserts the first page. One way is to
convince the PDF Import extension developers to support multiple-page
documents, the other (much simpler) option is probably to have the
possibility to 'Save As' single (or a defined range) of pages from okular,
and then insert them one-by-one into openoffice. This could be a useful
feature on its own as well.

If anybody has a better suggestion about this issue, I am most happy to
learn it.

Thanks
Daniel