[Okular-devel] CLI/scripted mode for Okular?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 2 12:12:25 CEST 2009

I have several thousand XPS documents which I would like to convert to
some more sane format (i.e. PDF).

Unfortunately, there are almost no Linux tools which open this format,
not to say convert it into something else.

One tools which can convert it is GhostPCL[1] - unfortunately, it fails
to open some documents properly (i.e. black areas on the document).

The only tool which opens these XPS documents properly is Okular - and
it can "convert" the files just fine by feeding them to a PDF-printer.

Of course, doing it manually for so many documents is not the best way
to go.

Can Okular be scripted? I.e. open file, print it to a specified printer,
and quit?

[1] http://www.ghostscript.com/GhostPCL.html

--
Tomasz Chmielewski